Wednesday, October 21, 2009

One step for video games 10 steps back for Disney's so called "classic"

Man...for the longest time I have loved all the Disney's classics. My first VHS was of Aladdin and I'd watch it over and over again. I couldn't buy many of the other VHS because they were back in the vault but after they came back out I was the first in line. I even went to buy them right away after they were made dvds and now of course blue ray. But now I ask myself was it work it. If you watch one you watch them all right. My eyes were shocked when I saw Beauty and the Beast and Sleeping Beauty doing the same dance just on a different scene. One couple on a dance floor and another up in the clouds. Really... Disney where is the originality or was paying for a little over time too much. I know you had to draw much of it in the past since we were still working on enhancing the computer but there are just too many resemblances in all of the classics. I use to love Baloo's dance in the Jungle Book and its the same one in RobinHood. I feel so pissed off at Disney right now but they are smart, I'll give them that. I never noticed how they reused slides and coped pretty much everything, as I bet many others did not notice. I use to know of the sexual things hidden in each movie like: On the cover of the old Little Mermaid the castle is a dick. Aladdin says "take your clothes off" when he's on the balcony trying to talk to Jasmin. Simba spells sex when he falls to the ground after singing Hakuna Matata all day and eating warms. However, I was always told that the animators did those errors because they were pissed and thats how they got back at Disney but who knows. Well as pissed off as I am at Disney I hope that the word "Classic" does not disappear and they can now make some true classics for the younger generation like my son.


No comments:

Post a Comment