Monday, October 12, 2009

WOW! Welles' War of the Worlds Rocks.

I was working on some ideas for my next paintings when I decided to explore www.otr.com and tune to Welles' War of the worlds.  Man the broadcast was so realistic that if I had been listening to it back in 1938 I'd be running in the streets as well. I enjoy having movies in the background while I work on my painting so this would work great. For some reason I do not listen to music while I paint. I guess it's because I like to listen to the emotion of the movie and make the pictures in my mind. Welles's science fiction story was just a little to real for me. I think I almost looked out the window to see if we were going to be invaded. But don't worry then I remembered it was all fake and continued working on my drawings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment